Please email colour assistant resumes to Tina@medullaco.com
ARE YOU AN ASPIRING COLOUR TECHNICIAN who is full of creativity and busting at the seams to make some colour magic happen? Well you’re in luck! We have just the opportunity for you. As part of our small team, the Assistant Colour Technician will work alongside our colour techs at 112 Avenue Rd, Toronto.
We are a specialist salon with a colour room of some of the country’s most amazing colourists and a styling room with top cut and style creators. We believe that true greatness comes from mastering a single craft and we provide a unique training ground for those who want to create magical colour.
Our team services some of Canada’s most notable clientele, is consistently listed as ‘Best in Canada’ and always tops in the city. Our outstanding customer service is at the core of our success, it begins at reception and ends with awesome, fashion-forward hair.
The best thing about Medulla & Co salons are our people. Most of our team have been with us since the beginning.
If you are colour obsessed, thrive on creativity, know how to check your ego at the door, jump in to support your colleagues, crave innovation and want to learn from the city’s best colour team, and laugh along the way — this gig’s for you.
- Support the colour techs in the day-to-day application
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the colour room
- Pull and update client colour cards
- Apply colour, gloss and shampoo at the sinks
- Be awesome!
- Love working as part of a team
- Strong time management skills
- Great interpersonal skills that serve to build build great client relationships
- Registered as a hair styling/colouring apprentice an asset
- Some hair styling/colour experience or education an asset
- Ambition and drive to become an amazing colour technician with a strong desire to learn
- And a good sense of humour is key!
Here’s a little more about us:
- we have an amazing team
- we have an unmatched culture that fosters amazing teamwork and ensures everyone loves coming to work every day
- we hire stylists and colourists as employees, not independent contractors
- we have benefits (another rarity in salon life)
- we pay higher than 98% of salons (we just learned this amazing fact)
- we take long weekends (because hair folk deserve them too)
- we have paid vacation
- we laugh A LOT
- we are on the leading edge of fashion-forward hair design
- we love our team
- we just celebrated 11 years and we’re thrilled to say 1000+ client are still with us today that started with us in 2007
- we’re looking for someone awesome that enjoys awesome and creates awesome
If this sounds like you, let’s do this! Please send through cover letter and resume along with hours of availability to Tina@medullaco.com