OFFICIAL RULES & CONSUMER DISCLOSURE
Toronto Locals 2022 Giveaway - October 2022
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY – VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
- The Medulla & Co “Toronto Locals Giveaway” - (hereinafter “Giveaway”) is being run by Medulla & Co (hereinafter “Medulla & Co”), with an address of 277 Davenport Road, Toronto, Ontario Canada M5R 1J9 809, and a telephone number of (416) 922.0112 and is sponsored by the following companies (collectively the “Sponsors”):
- Catalyst Health, 162 Cumberland St, Toronto, ON M5R 3N5, www.catalyst-health.ca, 647.351.0101
- My Beauty Doctor, 277 Davenport Rd, Toronto, ON M5R 1J9, www.mybeautydoctor.ca, (437) 242-7229
- Stoic Beauty, Suite 2111, 2395 Speakman Dr, Mississauga, ON L5K 1B4, +1 855-457-8181
- TO112 INC., 277 Davenport Rd Toronto, ON M5R 1J9, 833.888.0112
- KIP., 160 Pennsylvania Avenue, Unit 7. Concord, ON. L4K 4A9., www.sleepinkip.com, 1(866) 489-6492
- Rawcology Inc., 241 Norseman Street, Toronto ON, M8Z 2R5, www.rawcology.com, 647-404-8845
- Flirty Pineapple Inc., 5 Mariner Terr., Toronto, ON M5V 3V6, www.flirtypineapple.com, 647.228.8980
- Fuzz 21 Atlantic Ave, Toronto, ON M6K3E7 Canada, www.fuzzwaxbar.com , (416) 364-2318
2. HOW TO ENTER: Between the day and time the Giveaway was announced 12:01 AM EST on October 3, 2022 (Announcement Date") and 11:59 PM EST on October 9, 2022 ("End Date"), collectively known as the “Giveaway Period,” you can enter the Giveaway. Entries will be accepted online by filling out the entry form with your email address at https://mailchi.mp/753b6098e290/obf4g4fk9n or by mailing, with first-class postage affixed, a written entry on a 3x5 card to Medulla & Co Toronto Locals 2022 Giveaway, 277 Davenport Road, Toronto, Canada M5R 1J9 with your name, email address or residential street address and telephone number, residential postal code, and gender. All mail-in entries must be handwritten, postmarked by the End Date, and received within three calendar days following the End Date. No mechanically reproduced entries are permitted. All entries must be submitted during the Giveaway Period, regardless of method of entry. Medulla & Co is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate, illegible, or misdirected entries or entries not received for any reason, and any such entries are void. All entries become property of Medulla & Co and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one entry per person. No purchase will increase any entrant’s chance of winning a Prize.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Giveaway is open only to legal residents of Ontario Canada who are 18 years old or older. Void where prohibited by law. Participation in the Giveaway constitutes full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. The following individuals are not eligible: (a) employees, officers, and directors of Medulla & Co or the Sponsors, including all respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertisers, marketing and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials, and representatives; and (b) members of the immediate family (parents, children, siblings, or spouses) of a person in (a) and/or those living in the same household as a person in (a), regardless of familial relation. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Medulla & Co, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Giveaway. Entrants are prohibited from submitting an entry for a purpose other than entering the Giveaway for the entrant’s personal benefit. Prohibited purposes include, but are not limited to, engaging in competition with Medulla & Co and/or any of the Sponsors and luring emails to any fraud management tool such as a “spamtrap” or “honey pot.” If any entry or entrant is determined to be non-compliant with these Official Rules, said entry or entrant shall be disqualified.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or around a date one week following the End Date, one random winner for all Prizes will be selected. To facilitate the selection of the winner, each entrant will be assigned a number and Medulla & Co will use an online random-number generator to select the winner of all the Prizes. Decisions of Medulla & Co are final and binding in all respects. Winner will be notified by e-mail or another means at Medulla & Co discretion. If a winner does not respond to Medulla & Co notification within three days or is unwilling to or cannot accept the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from the Giveaway entrants. If an entrant is deemed ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected from the entry pool. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. At the sole discretion of Medulla & Co, disqualification, forfeiture, and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a winner’s failure to respond to winner notification within three days of transmission; (2) the return of a notification as undeliverable after one attempt; (3) a winner’s failure to provide Medulla & Co with satisfactory proof of age, identity, and residency within three days of initial winner notification; (4) a winner’s failure to execute and return an affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release or requested tax information or W9 within three days of its transmission; or (5) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. Medulla & Co will attempt to notify each winner within one week of his or her selection as a winner, and the prize will be delivered within one week of acknowledgement of the notification, or at such time as the prize becomes available. All federal, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received, but can be calculated by dividing the total number of entrants by the number of prizes.
6. PRIZES and APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be 1 Prize awarded (“Prize” and/or “Prizes”), consisting of all the following:
- $135 gift card for personal training session + t shirt from Catalyst Health; Retail Value: $170
- Forma Facial service from My Beauty Doctor; Retail Value: $299
- Chryso (pre-launch) - $45, Eos - $30, Harmonia - $38, Ousia - $38, Apokathario - $30, Agathos - $30 from Stoic Beauty; Retail Value: $211
- TO112 Hair and Body Care Prize Pack; Retail Value: $519.75
- KIP Monogrammed Premium Cotton Pajama Set and Mulberry Silk Sleep Mask; Retail Value: $300
- Rawcology Prize Pack filled with Grain Free Granolas, Low Sugar Oat Cluster Snacks, limited edition Holiday flavour & a Team Rawc Baseball Hat; Retail Value: $250
- Flirty Pineapple - A collection of hair care accessories including our best-selling claw clips, towel scrunchies + more! Plus, a $125 CAD gift card; Retail Value: $250
- Fuzz - Complimentary Wax ($40) , Fuzz Skin Beautifying Body Oil ($30 CAD), Fuzz Skin Hydrating Body Lotion ($22 CAD), Fuzz Skin Perfecting Body Scrub ($32 CAD), Fuzz V-Mask ($37 CAD), Luscious Hair Vitamins from SUKU ($22 CAD) and Merben Body Brush ($26 CAD) Retail Value $215
- Medulla & Co Gift card ($300 CAD), Christophe Robin products ($302 CAD)
7. ALL PRIZE CONDITIONS: No substitution or transfer of a Prize will be permitted, except that Medulla & Co reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if the advertised Prize is unavailable. Prize cannot be transferred by winner. No Prize can be redeemed for cash or can be used for a prior purchase. If a Prize element is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of the Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Medulla & Co Prize obligation to winner, and no additional compensation will be awarded. Medulla & Co has no responsibility for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of the Prize due to reasons beyond Medulla & Co control, and is not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. The Prize is awarded without warranty of any kind from Medulla & Co, express or implied, without limitation. Winners, and not Medulla & Co, shall be responsible for any and all taxes and/or duties as well as any other expenses not specifically included in the prize description. The Prize may be subject to terms imposed by the Sponsor, including, but not limited to, prohibitions on selling the Prize, limiting the Prize for personal and not business use, and expiration dates. Medulla & Co may require Winners to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility. Medulla & Co may require Winner and/or anyone receiving a direct benefit from the Prize (including but not limited to any travel companion) to sign a liability release and/or publicity license. Except where otherwise stated herein, all Prizes will be delivered free of charge (or in the case of electronic vouchers – emailed) to winners using the information submitted via the entry form. Medulla & Co will not ask winners for money for shipping costs as a condition for receipt of a Prize. Medulla & Co may verify the information submitted by the winner during the contest. In the event that Medulla & Co does not receive sufficient eligible entries to award all of the Prizes, Medulla & Co has the right to cancel the Giveaway. Must be eighteen (18) or older to win. The Giveaway is not sponsored by and is in no way endorsed, administered by, or associated with any social media network on which notice of the Giveaway is posted, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
ELIGIBILITY. By participating in this Giveaway, all entrants represent and warrant that they are eligible to win and that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and
- RELEASE. By participating in this Giveaway all entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Medulla & Co, the Sponsors, and all affiliated individuals and entities as well as their successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”), from and against any liability, injury, death, loss, or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their participation in this Giveaway (or related activities) or their acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Giveaway; inability to access any website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions, including entries, that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. By entering this Giveaway, all entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with participation and/or entry in the Giveaway and/or receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Giveaway or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its assigns to use said winner’s name, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voices, and city and provincial addresses on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization. Winner(s) further release and waive any right of or claim to copyright, trademark rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, rights to use of name, image or likeness, and any other legal or moral rights, relating to, arising out of, or embodied in the entry and/or arising out of the use of winner's name, image and likeness. Winner(s) expressly agrees not to pursue, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or dispute of any kind against the Released Parties on the grounds that any use of the entry, and/or the use of winner's name, image, or likeness violates or infringes any of winner’s rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, privacy, publicity and/or moral rights. Medulla & Co and Sponsors make no warranty with respect to the prizes awarded.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, entrants hereby grant Medulla & Co and the Sponsors the right to use their names, likenesses, voices, opinions and biographical information, and residential city and province for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes. Entrants also agree that all information received as part of this Giveaway may be used for the delivery of advertisements or otherwise as Medulla & Co sees fit.
- ADVERTISING AND SOLICITATION. By entering this contest, you consent to receiving emails, special offers, electronic newsletters, and solicitations from Medulla & Co, the Sponsors, and third-party vendors acting on their behalf. Each email from Medulla & Co will provide you the ability to opt out of future communication. If you would prefer to opt out now, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not want Medulla & Co to share your information with third parties, please email email@example.com In some cases, your information may be shared before Medulla & Co receives and processes your opt-out. In such a situation, you will need to request removal from the email list of the entity or entities with which Medulla & Co has shared your information. Opting out of emails and offers will not decrease your chance of winning in the Giveaway.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. By participating in the Giveaway, you hereby agree to Medulla & Co and the Sponsors’ collection, use, and dissemination of your personal information.
- ENTRY ERRORS/INTERNET. Medulla & Co is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information. Medulla & Co is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Medulla & Co or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Medulla & Co which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Giveaway, Medulla & Co reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway. In such a situation, Medulla & Co reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Without limiting the foregoing, Medulla & Co may reject any entrant, if in Medulla & Co sole judgment, the entrant has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility, or is otherwise ineligible to enter or participate. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GIVEAWAY MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND MEDULLA & CO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the Prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned. Medulla & Co is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Giveaway or in the announcement of the Prize.
NON-COMPETITION AND NON-SOLICITATION. By entering this contest, you agree on your own behalf and on behalf of any company or entity for which you are an employee, officer, director, manager, or member or for which you hold any other formal position not to: solicit the Sponsors; engage in the provision of online marketing services to the Sponsors; and/or run, coordinate, or otherwise execute online Giveaway. This restriction shall last for one-year from the End Date.
Failure to comply with any requirement listed herein, as determined in Medulla & Co sole judgment, may result in removal from the Giveaway and/or forfeiture of the Prize after which an alternate winner may be selected.
9. GOVERNING LAW: In the event of a dispute between you and Medulla & Co, either may choose to resolve the dispute by binding arbitration, as described below, instead of in court. Any claim (except for a claim challenging the validity or enforceability of this arbitration agreement, including the Class Action Waiver) may be resolved by binding arbitration if either side requests it. THIS MEANS IF EITHER YOU OR MEDULLA & CO CHOOSES ARBITRATION, NEITHER PARTY SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE SUCH CLAIM IN COURT OR TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL. DISCOVERY AND APPEAL RIGHTS ARE LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. Any arbitrations shall be conducted in Toronto pursuant to the Arbitrations Act (Ontario) regardless of the location of the complainant in question. ARBITRATION AND/OR ANY COURT ACTION MUST BE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. THIS MEANS NEITHER YOU NOR MEDULLA & CO MAY JOIN OR CONSOLIDATE CLAIMS IN ARBITRATION OR COURT BY OR AGAINST OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, OR LITIGATE IN COURT OR ARBITRATE ANY CLAIMS AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER OF A CLASS OR IN A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL CAPACITY. Only a court, and not an arbitrator, shall determine the validity and effect of the Class Action Waiver. Even if all parties have opted to litigate a claim in court, you or Medulla & Co may elect arbitration with respect to any claim made by a new party or any new claims later asserted in that lawsuit. Medulla & Co will not choose to arbitrate any claim you bring in small claims court. However, if such a claim is transferred, removed, or appealed to a different court, Medulla & Co may then choose to arbitrate and you agree that in so doing, Medulla & Co will not have waived any rights. Any action brought in a court against Medulla & Co shall be brought in the Province of Ontario, Canada and you and Medulla & Co both agree to be subject to personal jurisdiction in the Province of Ontario. Except where otherwise indicated, the laws Ontario, Canada govern this contract. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may pursue injunctive or other equitable remedies in the above-identified courts and such claims shall not be subject to arbitration.
10. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
11. WINNERS LIST: A copy of the winners list may be obtained by sending a written request to Medulla & Co, at 277 Davenport Road, Toronto, Canada M5R 1J9 postmarked within 15 calendar days of the End Date or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 calendar days of the End Date. Any such request must identify the Giveaway by name. Medulla & Co will respond by mail or email within thirty days of receipt of the request.
- UPDATES: Medulla & Co reserves the right to update or modify these rules at any time with or without notice by posting updated rules at https://mailchi.mp/753b6098e290/obf4g4fk9n
- CANCELATION: Medulla & Co reserves the right to cancel the Giveaway at any time for any reason.
- THIRD-PARTY FEES: You may be charged for visiting the Giveaway website in accordance with the terms of your service agreement with your internet or mobile telephone carrier. Please consult your provider regarding your pricing plan. You must use a Smartphone device to participate via your mobile phone. Not all mobile phone providers carry the necessary service to participate. Check your phone capabilities for specific Internet instructions. If your data usage exceeds what is allotted by your data plan, you could be subject to additional fees by your carrier. Please contact your provider with any questions regarding your bill.
- ADDITIONAL FORMS AND RELEASES: Any winner may be required to sign and return, where applicable, an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and where legally permissible a publicity release.
- COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES. To a printed copy of these Official Rules, send a written request by the Giveaway End Date to Medulla & Co, at 277 Davenport Road, Toronto, Canada M5R 1J9. Any such request must identify the Giveaway by the name.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST. If for any reason these Giveaway are not capable of running as planned, due to technical failures, or for any other reason and/or at the sole discretion of Medulla & Co, including without limitation due to any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of these Giveaway, Medulla & Co, reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Giveaway, or to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process.
© 2022, Medulla & Co